Stephen and I were blessed to be able to go to the Bahamas for a weekend! How amazing is it that we can just hop on a boat and 4 hrs later be in the Bahamas!? I have been to Jamaica and Cabo and the Bahamas was definitely my very favorite trip so far!! The food was just amazing there and there is so much to do! We visited the little town of Freeport and what I loved about it was that it was the "real" Bahamas. There were tourists there, but not so much as to take away the actual "island" and Bahamian experience! While we were there, we went on a boat ride to see the ocean and stopped about 40 min away at this little shack-like bar where we had a chance to taste some grouper fingers! We also went scuba diving (for the first time for me) and went to the beach! This was the perfect little getaway for Stephen and I and I can't wait to go back.
"Gully Wash" The most amazing drink it's dangerously good! Sweet milk, coconut water, coconut jelly and gin.
Very popular entree in the Bahamas, Conch.
Hook me up with one of those coco drinks!! yum ha
ReplyDeletehaha Ebba, I can try to make it...but it will never be as good as it was there. Oh and I will be sure to make yours without any gin! Pregnant, breast feeding, pregnant, breastfeeding...you will never be able to drink alcohol if you keep this pattern up ;).
ReplyDeleteJenna you are truly an amazing young woman and I am so proud of you. I have not forgotten your cook book I am trying to find one with lots of pictures and step by step methods. I want that dinner for your hubby to come out right!!!!!:-) I will continue to pray that God will keep you and Steve and baby safe and together, so many times young women see your life going wonderful and they would do anything to break it up!! well we will pray against that! what God put together no man should touch!!!
ReplyDeleteWell much love from the Bahamas and I do hope the next time you guys come you will be sitting in my garden having a gully wash or two!!
Your Bahamian friend
Christine