GOOD BYE NEW JERSEY!
Oh how it felt as though the time to leave NJ couldn't come soon enough!!! On March 29th we gave the keys back (willingly) to our very expensive 1200 sq. foot east coast apartment! Leaving the place was very smooth with no issues and a full deposit return which was great! But actually leaving New Jersey wasn't as smooth. We decided to stay in a hotel for the last few days before G and I would be flying off to Florida for the summer. Little did we know that trying to save a few bucks at a hotel in Jersey was the biggest mistake we could have made! On the second night of our stay our car was stolen! Yes, straight up stolen! After a long day of mixed emotions, sadness, anger, frustration, and then more anger lol, we were able to get a rental car and replace G's car seat and stroller for the coming up flight. The "glorious" stay at our hotel wasn't over at that point though. That evening after G and I woke up from our daily nap ;), we were watching TV and across our very packed hotel room, a little mouse ran. Of course I freaked out, coming from Oregon thats not something you see everyday! Oh man what a day! We thankfully got our room changed and they even comped us for our whole stay, pending no bad internet reviews written by me lol.
As the end of March approached G and I took off in the plane not looking back, on the way to Florida while daddy stayed behind and finished off the season.
HELLO FLORIDA!
Warm weather, sunshine, palm trees and swimming pools oh my! We were so happy to not only be in warm weather with family, but to finally arrive to a place to call home! Stephen and I bought our first little home together! It's a townhouse in an amazing community in Tampa with great amenities! We have been spending the last month moving in and trying to get organized as this is the first time ALL of our stuff is together in one place and man I can't tell you how great that is. It's so nice to finally have all the things we left in Oregon back in July with us again. Yes, it is just materialistic "things" but boy do they sure make your house feel so much more like a home.


How awful! I'm sorry your stay at the hotel was so horrific. Glad to hear you're enjoying your new home in Florida so much more! :)
ReplyDeleteYour home looks adorable, and I am happy you are loving the warm weather! And, your pictures are great Jenna! Love you girl and miss you. xoxo
ReplyDelete